I wanted to share with you guys what I have learned from playing sports in High School. As you guys may or may not know, I play both basketball and golf for my high school.
1. Teamwork: This is probably the most important thing of being in a team. If your team doesn’t bond, your experience of games/matches/meets won’t be as fun as they could be if everyone gelled together.
2. You Need to Participate: COME TO THINGS! Okay guys this is also very important. Practices and participation makes you better, and makes the team better.
3. Managing Your Time Is One of the Most Important Things: Being in high school is alot of work, being in harder classes with alot of homework you think that you could never finish. I like to get ahead on everything just to be safe for time management.
4. Set A Goal for Your Team: This year, we brought a new coach in for Golf. My team was brought to my school five years ago, and this year we won our league. That was our goal for 2014 and this next year we wanna win CIF! It sounds crazy, but any goals we set we can finish them!
5. Come to Things, Make your Team Bond: For my basketball team, our team was put together a little late because we weren’t sure if we were gonna have a JV or just a Varsity. My team, in order to bond and have good chemistry we did alot of things together. People who didn’t come to things didn’t get as close with the team as others did.
well, I hope y’all enjoy this article, and if you guys are nervious for tryouts, or have anything to say about this please contact me or comment on this article!