i have been behind on all of this valentines day mumbo-jumbo, like it has really snuck up on me this year! i was planning to make a valentines day gift guide, but i never really did! so today i wanted to share a recipe of valentines day themed blondies!
lets get started!
last minute valentine blondies!
- 1 package of cake mix *
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of butter (melted) **
- red gel food coloring***
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×9 pan.
- whip the eggs, and add the melted butter in.
- add the cake mix, you can use either an electric mixer, but i usually just mix it with a spoon or a rubber spatula and that works well. mix until a thick (cookie dough-like) mixture and all of the cake mix is combined.
- separate the blondie dough into 3 parts. i keep one part white (no red food die), one part light pink (a few drops red food dye – as desired) and one dark pink (a few more drops of food dye – again as desired).
- then take the dough and with your hands begin to marble it together. then you take the dough and attempt to flatten as much as you can to spread it out in the pan.
- bake the blondies in the tray for about 18 minutes (but you may cook more if it needs more time!) use a toothpick and if nothing comes out on the toothpick your blondies are done!
- cool & cut and ready to eat!
* i have used both white and yellow and both taste great!
** this means 1/2 cup for all who were wondering!
*** use till desired color
i have found that the blondies are best after the first day because they taste less cake-like and more brownie-like! i hope you enjoy! if you try out the blondie recipe let me know in the comments down below!
(aka kate wins!)