DONT HATE ME – okay i waited this long – for that you should be proud of me! but i had a pumpkin spice latte last saturday (and not yesterday, the saturday before then). its september so i am feeling the ~fall vibes~ and i started making this snack – its perfect to bring to school, work or stash in your bag as a snack, and i love them on top of oatmeal or in a trail mix too!
so here we go why don’t we!
Pumpkin Spiced Maple Walnuts
2 Cup of Walnuts
1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice to Taste
Sea Salt to Taste
- Cut or prepare walnuts to the desired size. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Measure out the maple syrup.
- Use a medium-sized frying pan, under a light heat – and heat up the maple syrup till its lightly bubbly.
- Throw in the walnuts and stir in the desired amount of pumpkin pie spice – I prefer about 1 tsp but you can decide.
- Then after a few minutes of combining the ingredients, dump the walnuts onto the prepared baking sheet with lined paper. Immediately, sprinkle some sea salt over the top of the walnuts – as desired.
- Once the walnuts have cooled ~ about 20 minutes, enjoy!
i hope you guys enjoy this recipe! please let me if you try it out and like it!
(aka kate wins!)