its december 23rd and we are in the swing of things! presents wrapped, cookies baked, halls decked – what more could you do! i know that i am done with my cookies – but are you? because i figured maybe people would be a little behind schedule for christmas (like me almost every year) so i wanted to share my favorite christmas cookies!
just a note: this is NOT my recipe, this recipe belongs to martha stewart and just happens to be my favorite christmas cookie recipe. i do not claim to own it, and i just wanted to share it with you all!
here we go!
Martha Stewart's Giant Ginger Cookies
my favorite christmas cookies from the magical martha stewart!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/3 cup for coating
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice, and pepper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg. With mixer on low, gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into twelve 2-inch balls. Place remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar in a bowl. Roll balls in sugar to coat; place at least 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten into 3-inch rounds. Sprinkle with sugar remaining in bowl.
- Bake until brown, rotating sheets halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
enjoy guys! i really hope you enjoy these!
(aka kate wins!)