i don’t know about y’all, but usually for summer my skin is like the firey pits of heck – to say lightly. summer = a ton of sweat, therefore a ton of oil and from that a ton of filled pores and forehead acne – which i have all the time. but i have been on this diet and my forehead acne is finally disappearing – and i think my typical products are actually helping my acne stay away, which is amazing!
but onto my favorite skincare, here we go!
- boscia charcoal mask: charcoal is amazing for skin, as we have known time and time again, helping clear the skin of toxins.
- bare republic sunscreen: with this formula for baby smooth skin, its made with shea for extra moisture!
- fresh sugar lip balm: summer – one of the dry seasons of the year, strangely this summer my skin hasn’t been too dry, but my lips are totally dry! its insane, so lip scrubs really are perfect!
- garnier skinactive micellar water: micellar water is absolute magic for taking makeup off your face – super easy and a great formula that feels super lightweight.
- mario badescu glycolic foaming cleanser: i got a sample set as a gift for my birthday of mario badescu products for acne, and this product was in it! not only is it an amazing product but it also lasts a long time!
- milk matcha green tea toner: matcha, as great as it is for your body – on the inside – it is also amazing for the skin care and is great for pores!
- milk cooling water: produces all day moisture without the heaviness of a typical primer which should keep from cake-iness you may feel typically in summer.
- supergoop everyday sunscreen: supergoop sunscreen is amazing for everyday, i am sure i have told you before, but its very important to wear sunscreen daily and this one is perfect!
- fresh sugar lip balm: as i said before, dry lips = painful, this helps fight the pain of my dry lips during the summer!
- mario badescu rosewater spray: this is apparently an amazing product, moisturizing and completely gentle and not irritating.
- ursa major face wash: although this product is for men it is supposed to be amazing – and the scent is supposedly pretty friendly!
- clinique oil blotting sheets: you know, summer = heat = sweat =oil and how do you get rid of oil? of course use oil blotting sheets!
- smashbox photo finish primer: this is a truly amazing any time of year primer – super loose and amazing.
- glossier cloud paint: this product is an amazing color and can be used on lips or on cheeks!
enjoy these products and check them off if they seem interesting to you!
(aka kate wins!)
i have been a blogger for almost 3 years now, crazy i know it. its actually insane to think that i started this blog as a freshman in high school and i am about to be a senior in high school and i am moving on with my life, but its really amazing to think that i will always have this platform, macarons and must haves as a support system, a place to share my feelings and such as well as my favorite fashion items and looks that i love!
so on with the actual post at hand, today i thought because i think that i might have enough experience to share some of my favorite blogging tips! here we go!
#1: find your niche, what you love to write about
so most blogs have a niche, a simple theme in which they mostly post about. macarons and must haves started as a preppy fashion blog but as i go i think its turning into a personal fashion and style blog sharing my favorite lifestyle stuff. by finding your niche i think that its much easier to write and find other people that share your niche!
#2: meet other bloggers create an online connection
in connection to your niche, and finding others who fit your niche you will find bloggers that you love. contact contact contact! i think its always important to get into contact with people who might share your interests because you can make some super amazing friends in the process where you can ask them questions or ask for advice or to simply just be able to talk about life.
#3: join some blogger groups
i absolutely love the hercampus blogging network as well as some facebook groups that i am a part of. these groups are awesome because its a really easy way to make more blogger friends and come up with new ideas and share common problems that you might have. its awesome to have a support group and there are many awesome ones to find online.
#4: create easy graphics with canva
canva is one of my favorite websites out there. if you have ever seen my graphics on my posts (like the one that tops this post) they are from canva, polyvore or i have made them on adobe indesign. canva is super easy because it is free and there are many graphics to easily design with on the site! its super awesome to be able to make adorable graphics in a good amount of time.
#5: write often and write with passion
one of the most important things for me has been writing 3 times a week. i think writing so often, on a schedule has really kept me going, i think that without 3 times a week i would have gone long stretches without posting, and i am so glad that i made a schedule. i think another important aspect of blogging is writing with passion. you must have passion, unless you can never keep writing.
i hope you enjoy my tips today, and if you are looking for more blogging tips you can follow my pinterest board down below!
have a great day!
(aka kate wins!)
i hope you have been enjoying my summer posts lately – especially on my instagram! it has been super fun taking more photos for y’all but also getting to put together outfits and go out with my friends to take the photos!
so onto the post! of course, for summer, sandals are go to! sandals are not only great with most – if not all – summer outfits. alot of companies have been making some absolutely adorable sandals – most of which, of course i am in love with – i mean i can’t have the sandals instead i will constantly lust after them – which believe me happens more often than not so today i wanted to share with y’all some of my favorite sandals to lust after – lets get started why don’t we!
- revolve layla sandal: the aboslutely perfect millennial pink chunky heel with lace up detail. these babies are so pretty in profile and i love to look at photos of them constantly.
- jack rogers baby blue sandal: jack rogers – the quintessenical preppy summer sandal, in this baby blue what is not to love about these sandals!
- h&m sandals: these simple sandals are super cute – and pretty cheap – h&m sandals will be your go to this summer!
- marc fisher platform wedge: you all know how i feel about espadrilles and just the absolute crying emoji is truly how i feel about these beauties i am just such a fan of these cross detailed straps!
- kenneth cole reaction yellow wedges: so kenneth cole totally nailed these espadrille wedges, the yellow is a beautiful touch and the bright colors of the summer just nail how we all feel about the sunny days!
- steve madden carolynn lace up sandals: these tan laceup babies are not only just adorable they just look really comfortable and the lace up is so cute!
- steve madden cache sandals: again, baby blue – especially pastel is totally in for this season and this whole year actually!
- stece madden sweetty sandals: the tassel details and blue make these flat sandals perfect with any denim of this season.
- steve maden irenee sandals: these short chunky heel sandals are one of my favorites to wear, i have a nude color which are perfect with white dresses and such and such.
- jack rogers purple sandals: again, the quintessencial preppy sandal nails it in a beautiful lavender color.
- jack rogers lauren sandal: the other day i saw these adorable shoes for the first time and i can’t believe that i had never seen these before! the flat straps across have a great look!
- steve madden jaylen wedge sandal: again, steve madden nails the espadrille, i love the strap the fact that its longer on the actualy foot, they are a great color!
i hope you enjoyed my post today!
(aka kate wins!)
so the fourth of july isn’t all that soon yet – but it is summer so i am basically already getting my fourth of july vibes on now! (you know as one does!) so of course, in typical me fashion i have created a seasonal board for my pinterest page!
lets get started!
i hope you enjoyed, to see more fourth of july pins, here is my pinterest board
(aka kate wins!)
so this past monday (the 5th) i started blogilates’ 28 day reset plan. if you don’t know what that is, first of all you should press the link, and second of all its a plan for 28 days where you go without gluten, dairy, added sugar, processed foods and alcohol. although at first it seemed like a challenge i have actually found a lot of things that i like already for meals and such!
so today, i wanted to share some of my recipes and my favorite snacks and such on my 28 day reset! why don’t we begin!
zoodles with red pepper sauce!
sweet potato hash browns
creamy sundried tomato chicken
i hope you enjoyed!
(aka kate wins!)